Saturday 5 November 2011

South of France, October 2009 Nice, Monaco, Cannes and Antibes

Carrying on the theme of European exploration I FINALLY took my first ever trip to France on 2009! Yes people, I have been to the other side of the world but never set foot on our nearest foreign neighbours' soil.

So off to the South of France to mingle with the beautiful people. We rented an adorable tiny little appartment overlooking Nice harbour.

Here's Neil taking his first caffine hit of the holiday on the most dodgy balcony ever. (It is surprising that it was actually the bathroom ceiling that collapsed during our stay and not the balcony . .)

I love this picture, the detail is fab.


Bit of advertising for you . .


Here I am with a view of Nice beach behind me.


First day, First stop - Cours Saleya market in old Nice town. Full of market stalls selling everything from gorgeous soap to fresh flowers, herbs, spices and novelty knick knacks.

Naturally, I took millions of photos. Here's a selection for you to enjoy . . Colouful soap, figs, salts, sweets in pretty tins, very expensive mushrooms and lots of tiny adorable marzipan shapes.


I want to cram them into my mouth by the handful . . . .

There was also a fantastic floral festival going on in Nice old town that day, here's a pic of one of the churches decorated with elaborate fresh flower garlands. There was free food and drink, hence the scrum of people!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-42626704-1