Monday 22 August 2011

Train journey

The next leg of our trip involved a train trip to Varkala, the final stop on our trip. here's me not looking too comfortable on our little window ledge!

Neil however was delighted to get a full meal for 50p plus the coffee man who hopped on and off the train at each station was very appreciated!!

At long last we arrive at our final destination, Varkala, a laid back little resort, strung out along a cliff top, overlooking a long beach and serene ocean.

We stayed at the Seashore Resort on the quieter South Cliff. http://www.seashorevarkala.com what a fantastic end to our trip. In our own air conditioned apartment, looking out towards the sea.

A series of steep steps take you down to a virtually private beach from where you can walk to the main sands.


I'm glad we choose to do the North first, to get the crazy, hectic side done and then take the chance to chill out in the South for the final five days. Doing nothing but swim, eat and sleep!

It's like two completely different countries, personally I feel that the North holds far more of interest and what I would class as the "real "India (If such a thing exists).

The south is hot, laid back and easy, lovely in its own right but not that different to any other beach resorts around the world.

But the North was a challange, in every sense of the word an experience.

Half the time I loved it, half the time I hated it, I went from tears of frustration to awe struck amazement within minutes! It was dirty, polluted, bewildering and frustrating. It was the worst poverty I have ever seen.

But also it was incredible, awe inspiring, uplifting, colourful, friendly and amazing. I swore I would never go back. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-42626704-1